Wednesday 14 July 2010

End Of Term Party

On Wednesday it was party day for the pupils at Diana Mariam as it was the last day of term. The children arrived in their party clothes most of which were European in style, I was surprised at the heels some of the children were wearing. The music had been organised by Mr Conoteh and the children were soon up dancing. The year one, two and three pupils put on a dance performance which they have been learning. Then at break time the children brought out on large platters or in bowls some food from home. They sat down to eat and share with others their food. I gave everyone a cake bun which I had baked yesterday as my contribution to the day. We rounded off the day with a game of musical chairs for the various years. The pupils paraded round the chairs swinging their hips to the music it was more like being on a catwalk.
Mr Conateh









On Thursday it was my last day at work the other teachers were busy placing the children’s books in neat piles ready for their parents to pick up and take home along with their school report. By 1 o’clock most of year one parents had been so I set off to pick up Abigail and Bradley from school. I have been picking up Abigail at the same time as Bradley as they haven’t been doing any work this week due to report writing by the teachers so she has been very bored. As I left Diana Mariam Mary asked me to call back as she had something for me. When I arrived back Mary gave me my wages and a lilac embroided skirt and top as a thank you which was very nice. We spent the rest of the day waiting for parents to turn up finally at 4.30pm we ate some fish benechin and chicken. Some music was put on and we were told we had to dance before leaving. With much coaching from Mr Ndoy everyone finally got up for a little dance including me before we finally left for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment