Thursday 28 April 2011



Just Born Two Baby Goats


On Monday at Diana Mariam we set about making Easter Cards with the children. Most of the teachers were at a workshop all week so Mr Touray would be helping me in year 2. I had picked chickens, rabbits and eggs for our cards which were either painted or coloured using felt tip pens. We split into two tables I was overseeing those who were going to paint so I mixed the colours in yogurt pots. The children really enjoyed themselves and were patient whilst we left things to dry before continuing with the next stage. For the eggs we added a little glitter so as to give the effect of foil paper. I then cut around each figure and pasted them onto some bright Floraessant paper before cutting these out again with wavy scissors. We were pleased with the finished result as we had also stuck some thick card from boxes to the back so they stood proud of the Easter card like a 3D effect.

The next day I had asked the children to bring in some hard boiled eggs to paint. We were also joined by year 3 and 4 children which Madame Senghore would work with. Year 3 and 4 used felt tip pens whilst year 2 started to paint their eggs. These didn’t turn out as good as I had expected as some children broke their eggs straight away others kept on changing their minds and washing the paint back off. Also the paint wouldn’t stay on the eggs I think it was maybe too thin. With patience wearing thin the children gave up and decided to shell and eat their eggs, I think there was only about three eggs which made it home at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment