Tuesday 19 July 2011

End Of School Term

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LYNNE!

On Monday we held a party for the children with music, dancing and food as it was the last day of term for them. This also meant the last day for me to say goodbye to them, gosh I am going to miss some of the children and teachers. At midday Ida presented me with a leaving present of a tie dyed tablecloth, thank you card and paper flowers (made by Craft Club Uncle Musa). I thanked them all for the gifts and support they have given me whilst working at the school. A big thank you went to Mr Jadama for my first year of working with him. I then thanked Auntie Ken who I have immense respect for and who I will greatly miss, at this point Auntie Ken covered her face and had to leave as she was so upset. All was going well until Auntie Mansetta and Uncle Musa started to sing to me a thank you song. Mansetta speaks French and only a little English, she has such a lovely voice no guessing what happened, I started blubbering. To top this I then had the children crowded around me singing a song which I had taught them for African Liberation Day, It’s A Small World before then giving me a group hug At 1 o’clock I said my final goodbye’s to some of the children Fatou, Momodou, Sheriff, Nina, Fattoumatta, Ramatoulie and Carl to name just a few. As for the teachers I will see them tomorrow as it is parents open day also I plan to pop in during summer school before we leave for the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment