Thursday 10 September 2009

Spent the day at home cutting the curtain fabric, Jenny set about sewing while Paul and I did some food shopping. After visiting four stores as well as the fruit and veg stall at the roadside we had managed to get a few basics. My first attempt at cooking on a two ring gas burner, chicken, onions, carrots and tomatoes stir fried with a chicken seasoning mix accompanied with rice, followed by mango very tasty. Invited John over (the other compound volunteer) for a cup of tea, and spent a couple of hours chatting whilst Abigail and Bradley amused themselves playing football in the compound. Not getting bit as much here by the mosquito’s which is good as I am
finding them very itchy and Paul has counted nineteen just on my back. The call to prayer is much louder as the mosque is quite close; Jenny and I find it funny as it sound like they are calling “HELLO” when really it is “ALLAH”.

No comments:

Post a Comment