Thursday 22 October 2009

Shell Shells And More Shells

The rest of the gang have gone of to Makasuto Reserve, we decided to go at a later date as we have been invited to a Diwali evening tonight at Senegambia resort. So we spent a quite morning before walking to the beach at 2.00pm. Paul continued on as he was meeting Greg and Danny in a bar at Palma Rima to watch the Liverpool game. It’s a relief to Paul that a few of the male volunteers support Liverpool, Paul, Greg, James and the other Paul who is located in Kerrewan so quite a fan club.

Adam came to say hello but was too busy at the market helping to wash some of the cloth and clothes at his cousins stall getting them ready for the tourist season, so he didn’t spend as much time with Abigail and Bradley as normal. The children busied themselves at the waters edge collecting more shells I think we will need a suitcase alone to bring them back to England. I started reading the Roots book which Jenny had bought me for my birthday. Having now lived here for a couple of months in The Gambia I can relate to some of the aspects within the book very true to life here. I decided to put my sun bed down so I could lay on my stomach and ended up trapping my finger which gave me a nasty cut which took ages to stop bleeding. On the way home we called at the craft market to say goodbye to Adam on which he produced a coconut for us and a bracelet which he had made for me on seeing this Abigail thought it was lovely so no doubt he will make her one for next time we are there. By the time I got home my finger was like a fat sausage and very painful, I washed and sprayed it with some antiseptic then covered it with a plaster so it could nit together without me catching it and causing the wound to open up.


Big Beautiful Shells


No comments:

Post a Comment