Thursday 22 October 2009

Timbooktu Book Store

Last night we received a call from Awa to say she was unable to come today as she was unwell with malaria so I set about washing and hanging out the clothes before setting of to La Parisienne. The internet was very slow I only managed to get one days worth of blog updated however I did post a lot of photos, will try again tomorrow.

On picking Abigail up from school we headed for Timbookto Book Store, we spent nearly two hours in there looking at the children’s books and getting some information on Gambian Wildlife. They both choose a book each, Abigail picked an African story book to add to her collection and Bradley picked Mr Busy. I also managed to get some ideas for presents for Abigail’s birthday so will have to call back again with Paul.

On arriving back at home I set about making a pizza only to receive a phone call from Tom and Lynne to say they were at the traffic lights with the view to call in. I thought I had explained where we lived however Tom called back for directions so I went outside the compound to find them, they were a little further up the street so I waved and finally attracted their attention. After showing them around I made a cup of tea, Tom played with the children reading stories and playing hide and seek whilst I finished making the pizza with Lynne chatting to me. They are leaving to go up country to Basse on Friday which is where they will be based, we have accepted an invitation to stay with them at some time in the future. Paul arrived an hour later so we chatted for a while before they left for home.

Timbooktu Book Store

No comments:

Post a Comment