Sunday 27 December 2009

I have completed my second week at school and they have been busy preparing for the Christmas presentation which is to be held on Saturday so each morning they have had an assembly mainly with the songs which they are going to sing on the day. I myself was asked for a contribution so I sang the See Saw creep through the door song which Abigail and Bradley have sung whilst at Westgarth very embarrassing however I had already taught it to the reception children with Aunty Alberta so they all joined in. It has proved to me this week how passionate the Gambians are for their music and dance as Aunty Alberta was really getting into the swing of things as she got the children to sing along to the Christmas songs. I would say that Tuesday was by far the best day so far as I managed to do some phonics and practise writing the letters with grade 1 children whilst Mr Jadama filled in the exam reports ready for the parents open day on Friday. I also saw the baton being held by a school girl who was running down Kariba Avenue towards the traffic lights as I was leaving school to go and pick up Bradley.



No comments:

Post a Comment