Sunday 27 December 2009

This morning the children came with me to the school it is open day for the parents so they were very excited to see where I worked. I introduced then to Mr Jadama and a couple of other teachers and then they went off to play on the swings, trampoline and slide some of the parents brought in their children so they played with them in the school grounds. By 12.00pm they were getting a bit bored so they sat down and did a bit of drawing, eventually we left for home at 1.30pm, some of the parents didn’t turn up so their reports will be kept for later. On the evening I invited Tom and Lynne over for dinner they are staying in John’s house as he has gone back home today to spend Christmas with his son. I decided to cook pasticcio, garlic bread, salad followed by water melon for dessert. Tom and Lynne arrived around 4.30pm I made a cup of tea and we sat talking for a couple of hours before we sat down to eat. To my horror Tom was allergic to cheese so I quickly had to think of something to cook him the only thing other than frozen food were eggs so Paul quickly fried them along with some beans not my idea of a dinner party but what could you do. It was lovely to catch up with them as being in Basse which is the furthest point within The Gambia they don’t get down to the Kombo very often they are planning to stay here over the Christmas period though.

No comments:

Post a Comment