Friday 2 October 2009

Hot Hot Hot!!

Abigail had been given some money by the tooth fairy so she was busy deciding what to spend it on. No tears this morning, Paul took them off to school as his meeting wasn’t until 10.00am. Meanwhile I set about making kofta patties out of green lentils, onions, garlic, cumin, chilli powder and flour I ended up in a right sticky mess but they looked okay.

I then set about cutting and taking up my skirt as it had snagged on a nail which had made a small hole. Suddenly realising we had no tape measure I had to use a bit of initiative so using a bit of paper with a pen mark as a guide I quickly followed it to draw dashes on my skirt before cutting it. I decided to sit on the step in the sun gosh it was very hot the sweat was dripping of my chin and arms as I sat sewing. I finally gave up when the needle just kept slipping from my grip and took shelter inside only to find the electric was off so couldn’t even put the fan on. I made myself a sandwich then had a quick shower before setting off to pick up Bradley, who was in a very happy mood, then back out again to pick up Abigail. I am certainly getting plenty of exercise with all this walking to and from school as well as the shops and beach it can only do me some good.

Paul arrived home at 4.00pm telling me about his 10.00am meeting which didn’t start until 11.00am which is not unusual as nothing starts on time. He was laughing because the meeting started with about twenty people and by the time they had finished at 2.30pm the meeting had doubled in size as more people arrived. The principal has asked Paul to help set up some sports activities as she had noticed on his CV that he is keen on sport. Paul was very happy to do this so after the meeting he got together with the team leader and they went through a list of activities noting any extra equipment they will require.

We ate the kofta patties with some couscous both myself and Paul enjoying them a bit like a spicy burger with the lentils replacing the meat as protein, however they were a bit too spicy for Abigail and Bradley.

No comments:

Post a Comment