Tuesday 27 October 2009

On taking the children to school this morning Isatou came running over telling me it was her birthday when I asked her how old she was she said nine which I was very surprised at. It appears that most of the children in Abigail’s class are a year or two older which may be why she is finding the work a little too advanced for her.

I then continued on through the side streets and headed for the VSO Office to drop of a letter which Paul wanted posting. As I was nearing the British High Commission my sandal strap came loose the guard noticed and came over to help he said he would fix it and offered to borrow me a pair of flip flops, I thanked him but said I would manage as I was still able to walk in them. On arriving at VSO I greeted everyone then Maimuna the receptionist gave me a pair of her spare shoes and we tried to glue my strap back into place. A parcel had arrived from Jenny which enclosed the croc shoes in for Abigail and Bradley so they will be pleased. I had a quick look in the local paper to see if there were any jobs, there were a few some of which were for company directors etc a bit too high flying for me, however there was an admin job which would have been ideal only they were asking for Gambian National’s only.

I set of for home unfortunately my sandal strap soon came loose, calling at the butchers on the way, again no mince I wouldn’t care I have already bought the burger buns I may have to put them in the freezer if I don’t get any tomorrow.

I arrived at La Parisienne for about 11.00pm and set about answering emails and updating my blog, managing to get most of it posted which I was pleased about. Then I set off to pick up Abigail and Bradley from school at 3.00pm, Isatou asked if Abigail was staying for extra curricula classes until 4.00pm, this is getting really confusing as we were told it was 3.00pm they don’t seem to be very good at communicating. Abigail and Bradley have had another good day at school which was pleasing we were offered a lift back with Lina and Joseph who was very tired and curled up in the foot well and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment