Friday 13 November 2009

Fajara Club

This morning Abigail and Bradley wanted to make a candle stick holder for Amy, so whilst I applied the polyfila they set about sticking on the shells, finally finished we cleared away and called at the bakers for some bread. Then after lunch we decided to visit the Fajara Club to use the pool and hopefully to join which we will know by Thursday if they are keeping the cheaper volunteer joining fee going otherwise it will be double the cost and too expensive for us. We were the only ones at the pool so the children enjoyed jumping in and playing with their woggle float. I managed to do some exercise by swimming twenty lengths of the pool which is a start although the pool is only about a quarter of the size of a standard pool back home. At 4.00pm we set off back home to have dinner, Paul arrived home then he quickly got changed as he has joined a running group called the Hash Harriers. The plan is for us all to go as a social evening as they meet each week at one of the bars or restaurants in the area sometimes for a meal, and the men go off for a run whilst the women and children chat and play. Paul is looking much trimmer with all his sport activities and the fact that he is not eating as much as usual, he has gone down a trouser size and has lost about a stone in weight. As for me my skirts are fitting me much better and I have managed to get into a dress which was too tight for me. When I last called at the VSO Office I jumped on some scales and it did show that I had lost about twelve pounds so life out here is doing us both some good.





No comments:

Post a Comment