Thursday 19 November 2009

I woke up feeling very tired as I had a restless night with aches, pains and sweating. I have been suffering for a week with cold and flu symptoms and because I am not any better I thought it would be advisable to get it checked out at Africmed. Meanwhile Bradley woke up with no rash and in a good mood so Paul took him off to school so I could get to Africmed early. They did some blood and urine tests as my symptoms are very much like Malaria however they couldn’t find any malarial parasites in my blood. The Doctor decided to still give me the anti malarial drug Co-tesunate which I take over three days as he was still concerned about my symptoms. On arriving home Paul was just getting ready to leave for Brikama I told him the outcome he was concerned that I had been prescribed the drugs when not showing signs of any malarial parasites. He decided to look in our Travellers Health Guide which we have brought with us, he was happier when he read that not always do the malarial parasites show up in your blood it sometimes needs a return visit and test carrying out so I took the tablets as prescribed.

When I picked Bradley and Abigail up they sat and finished off painting the spots and stripes onto their butterfly’s ready to be stuck up on their bedroom wall. At about 8.00pm Adam arrived from the craft market he wanted to drop some gifts off for us Bradley a tie dyed shirt and shorts and a Giraffe Batik for us, we thanked him and made sure he took some money for his taxi fare home.

No comments:

Post a Comment