Thursday 19 November 2009

Medical Research Centre

We were up early as Paul needed to be at MRC with Bradley early so he left just before 7.00am, the plan was for me to follow after I had taken Abigail to school. I arrived at the MRC gate and gained access by the security guard as he has seen Paul and Bradley earlier on. When I was in the grounds I was surprised at how many people were either sat or laying on seats or on the floor waiting to be seen. Apparently the guards give out 250 tickets each day for new patients however patients turn up from 4.00am in the morning so it is on a first come first served basis luckily we had the referral letter. After asking around I was eventually shown where Paul and Bradley were, we sat and waited. Finally we were taken into the room to see the Doctor, by now quite a lot of Bradley’s rash had gone down so I was glad that I had brought the camera with the photos we had taken. She asked a lot of questions then she suggested they do blood, urine and stool samples and asked us to call back on Thursday for the results. We were back home by 11.00am so Paul quickly changed and went off to work hoping he would make his 12.00pm meeting. All afternoon Bradley showed more improvements and by the evening the rash had practically gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment