Friday 29 January 2010

After a late breakfast we headed out for our usual Sunday stroll we decided to try to walk to Bakau along the beach. On making our way passed Leybatos and starting to walk down the steps towards the beach I slipped and ended up tripping and falling flat on my side, winded and a bit shook up I got my breath and managed to sit up whilst Paul went off to get some sea water for the cut to my knee. I was fine just pleased that I had not knocked over Abigail and Bradley as the last step was quite a drop to the beach through the erosion of the sand so could have been a nasty fall for one of them onto the rocks. We continued on along the beach collecting shells and picking our way between the rocks and ebbing tide. We even saw what looked like small Portuguese man of war jelly fish washed up on the beach. Finally we arrived at Bakau fish market with many of the brightly painted fishing pirogues out at sea and moored up on the beach and a lady squatting down between the rocks I can only guess what she was doing ur yuk. We took the road to the fruit market and had a quick look around buying some vegetables and a couple of bags of groundnut paste for Domada. We set off back home by now I was feeling a bit battered and bruised from my fall. We finally arrived home just after 1 o‘clock with two very tired and hungry children, I quickly made a chicken and squash stew for dinner. The rest of the afternoon was spent at home with Paul cutting some of the tree branches for Aunty Lucy and Abigail and Bradley playing with some of their Christmas toys whilst I made a chocolate cake for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment