Friday 29 January 2010

Angela's Farewell

This week has proved to be tiring, enjoyable and tearful. On Monday Bradley had a very restless night with signs of a slight temperature. I still sent him off to school asking them to phone me if he was unwell. After picking him up he slept most of the afternoon and ate very little. It wasn’t until the evening that the full extent of his illness showed itself, when I was awoken with him franticly rushing to the toilet with an upset tummy. This resulted in him staying off school Tuesday and Wednesday as every thing he ate just went straight threw him. We decided to give him a course of dehydration salts which proved to be a tearful affair as they are not the best tasting of drinks. Bradley did still manage to accompany me to the school each day for an hour so I could teach Jolly Phonics to year 1. By Thursday he was much better although not happy that I took him off to school after having spent two days with me at home.

Also on the Tuesday Angela dropped in for a cup of tea and was met by a screaming four year old. I can’t remember the last time Bradley had a tantrum but it resulted in me and Abigail going into the bedroom out of his way and letting him scream for thirty minutes. Angela’s arrival seemed to do the trick and he soon calmed down. We met up with Angela again on Thursday at Omar’s before she left for the airport and her long flight home to Australia. Before leaving she gave Abigail a present of her hat which she always wears saying it would have a good home. After a lot of chatting and tears we swapped skype accounts so as to keep in touch. We said a fond farewell with maybe the chance of meeting up in the future if we happen to go to Australia or Angela comes to the UK.
This week has gone so quick and has been very enjoyable for myself at the school and seeing how much the children are enjoying the Phonics has been a big buzz for me. Maybe I’ve missed my calling as a teacher I did always enjoy delivering training courses when working for Bells.















No comments:

Post a Comment